Effect of the 1st of May 2015 Winchester Area Community Action (WACA), merged with Community First Havant and East Hampshire to form Communities First Wessex. Known locally as Community First: Winchester we are the Council for Voluntary Service supporting voluntary and community activity in the Winchester District.
Please note this site is being phased out but the website will automatically redirect you to the new website once it is constructed.
Community First: Winchester exists to:
- Provide information and support for voluntary and community groups
- Promote networking and liaison among voluntary groups and with statutory agencies
- Develop services to meet community needs
- Represent the voice of the community, the voluntary sector and service users
- Support and develop the voluntary sector in the Winchester District
- Support Strategic Partnership
Community First: Winchester gives local organisations a co-ordinated voice and helps them in consultation and policy making.
If you would like to receive our monthly newsletter sent by email please click here
Winchester Area Community Action Annual General Meeting
We had a very successful AGM on Tuesday 25 November 2014. Thank you to all those who attended and to our speakers, Kate Jones and Paul Archer from Hampshire County Council, who spoke on the following topics:
Introducing the Care Act: Kate Jones - Policy Manager HCC Adult Services
HCC priorities for 2015-2018: how the Voluntary Sector can contribute - Paul Archer - Director of Policy and Governance HCC
The Presentations from the AGM can be found on the right hand side.
Registered charity 1147527
Registered as a Ltd. Company no. 8071971