Join our Team
Community First is dynamic and rewarding organisation to work for. We are comitted to continually learning as an organisation; embracing change, identifying opportunities, taking steps to address weaknesses and constantly striving to find better ways of delivering services. If you would like to work for Community First you can find out more about our latest job opportunities below.
Community Transport Driver - Winchester and Bordon
Community First, is seeking to recruit part time Community Transport Drivers for our Transport teams based in Bordon and in Winchester. 16 – 20 hours per week to cover various contracts, including school contracts, more hours may be available by negotiation.
Competitive salary of £8.30ph and benefits. Training given to successful applicants. Applicants must have the following:
- Full Driving Licence with D1 category code
- For insurance purposes be over 25 years of age
- Willingness to be flexible to work across Winchester, Basingstoke and East Hampshire
Please note these posts require an enhanced Disclosure Barring Scheme check.
Winchester: Download the application pack for the Winchester driver vacancy here, or call Rachel Birnie, Transport Coordinator on 01962 852602
Bordon: Download the application pack for the Bordon driver vacancy here, or call Sylvia Broom on 01420 475759.
Qualified Tutor/Trainers (Self-employed)
Community First is seeking a range of tutors to join our expanding bank of trainers who have a desire to utilise their skills working with a range of voluntary groups across Hampshire. Community First Training works across Havant, East Hants and Winchester district but works with groups on a 1:1 basis in other areas. Engagement would be on a self employed basis, working hours are as required, and according to the need as agreed. Paid on an hourly rate appropriate to level of skill, experience and teaching qualification.
Subject areas in demand (but not exclusive to):
- – Applications – Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- – Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp and other varieties
- – Basic and improvers IT skills for beginners
- Funding for voluntary groups
- – Commissioning
- – Applying for funding
- – Fundraising
- Skills for independence and employability
- – Confidence building
- – Looking to build a better future
- – Managing your day and tasks
- Governance and Strategy
- – Business planning
- – Working in collaboration and partnerships
- – FinanceKey requirements Essential:
- Training qualifications (minimum of working towards Level 3 ( Level 3 Award in Education & Training can be obtained through CF).
- Experience of tutoring in a voluntary sector setting (college, statutory and business settings also well received)
- Commitment to work with colleagues and adhere to guidelines and expectations
- Maintain records of the progress, attendance and achievement of learners inaccordance with the agreed policies.Desirable:
- Observation of Teaching and Learning experience
- Assessing and Internal Verification qualifications
Working to Hampshire Future and Skills Funding Agency guidelines
Informal enquiries please contact Liz Moore – Learning Services Manager on 0300 500 8085 ext 9719 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Service Coordinator
Volunteer Service Coordinator covering Winchester and East Hampshire
Hours: 22 p/w Salary: £20,009.60 p.a. (FTE), Actual £11,897.60 p.a.
This is a part time post for 1 year (continuation subject to future funding). It will be based for two days per week in Winchester Discovery Centre and one day per week in The Tilmore Centre, Petersfield but may require flexible travel and working across Winchester, Havant and East Hampshire District.
For an application form and information pack on this vacancy please click here
Business Volunteer Coordinator
Business Volunteer Coordinator covering Winchester and East Hampshire
Hours: 15 p/w Salary: £20,009.60 p.a. (FTE), Actual £8,112 p.a.
This is a part time post for 1 year (continuation subject to future funding). It will be based in The Tilmore Centre, Petersfield but may require flexible travel and working across Winchester, Havant and East Hampshire District.
We require a Business Volunteer Coordinator to support the Volunteer Service manager with the promotion, planning and delivery of Community First’s Business Volunteering Scheme. To liaise with local business and voluntary organisation to plan high quality employee volunteering opportunities and skill share.
For an application form and information pack on both of these vacancies please click here