Volunteering is a good use of any spare time you may have. You can assist those who are in need of help and in return, you get personal satisfaction, experience and a chance to meet some wonderful people.
If you are looking to find a suitable volunteering role then you can:
- Search on-line at the national volunteering database www.do.it.org.uk
- Book at time to come for a one to one chat with one of our skilled volunteer advisers
- Want to hear from some volunteers about their own volunteering experiences? Check out this youtube clip.
If you are needing volunteers we can help you find them, to register please use the downloadable registration forms, complete and return to us. We can also give you advice about 'good practice' in volunteer management and can arrange training courses to meet specific needs that you may have.
Employer Supported Volunteering
Could you and your work colleagues take on a team challenge? The Volunteer Centre can turn an ‘away day’ into a meaningful experience that enables team building to take place whilst acquiring a ‘feel good factor’ from helping those in need. Bespoke days can be arranged. For more information contact David Bradshaw on email@example.com
Feedback Received from some users of our service:
- ‘I never knew there was so much variety’
- ‘I wish I had known about the Centre previously’
- ‘Thank you for giving me the chance to volunteer and improve my English’
- 'Thank you for all your help, I am so pleased to have found something that is so much fun and so rewarding to do with my spare time’
For the latest news and opportunities follow us on Twitter @volunteeringwin and Facebook
Volunteering England Volunteering Good Practice Resource Bank
Volunteer Centres in Hampshire
Winchester Volunteering - A photoblog from xtrashot photographic celebrating Winchester's unpaid, unsung miracle workers